Selling your home is not an easy task! We have gathered some of our favorite tips and tricks for selling your home for top dollar! Stay tuned for more tips and tricks in future blogs.
- New hardware on kitchen cabinets and drawers– Replacing the hardware and handles on cabinets and drawers in your Kitchen will help give a fresh look and feel to one of the most used rooms in the house. This is not only easy, but it is cost effective too. There is definitely a lot of truth to “your kitchen will sell your house!”
- Buy it Right – You’ve heard it said before: you make your money when you buy – so one of the best ways to ensure you’ll sell your home is to buy it right in the first place. Don’t overpay for a property, or you may find yourself underwater when it comes time to sell. By “buying smart” – you open up many more options for your exit strategy!
- Pressure wash – Don’t underestimate the power of pressure washing! Having a clean exterior and walkway is one of the first things potential buyers will notice as they pull up to the house. You want to let your potential buyers know that they can expect a clean, fresh, and shiny feel outside and inside your home. Give them that feeling before they ever make it to the door to leave a lasting impression.
- New mailbox – Have you ever considered how your mailbox could affect your home being sold? By replacing your mailbox with something new or creative, you will give your home a distinguished, fresh, and appealing feel that your potential buyers will notice right away. Sometimes even the trivial aspects of the home play into the bigger feel that the buyers will take from the visit.
- Fresh Landscaping – Fresh mulch, grass, plants, flowers, etc. is one of the most important things to do to help sell a house. The cost is minimal compared to the return you will get from having your hard looking and smelling fresh and brand new!
- Spray and plug-in air fresheners – A fresh scent signifies “new” – which everyone loves! Additionally, a good smell can hide the old smell of the house, if there was any.
- Keep it free of clutter – Clutter in your home can make your house appear smaller, older, and much less appealing. If you are still living at home, make sure you consult with your Realtor to find out if there are any items you should remove, hide away, or put into storage to help your space look as big and put-together as possible.
- Drop Your Price – Pricing your home correctly is very important! Your home will get the most attention when it is first put on the market, so be mindful of the price to ensure your potential buyers are getting the chance to fully consider your home when it is getting the most traction and market attention.
- Involve your neighbors – Try and arrange a day where everyone in the neighborhood cleans up their yards to help give your home the best impression based on its surrounding homes.
- Replace light bulbs – Lighting is crucial when selling a home. Make sure your home is well lit and you are compensating with the use of bright lights in rooms that are darker. You want every room in the house to feel welcoming and that begins with the lighting!
Are you wondering what your home is worth?
Click here to find out!